Fri, 8 Sep 2000 14:46:38 -0600
Module name: linux-2.3
Changes by: bame 00/09/08 14:46:38
arch/parisc/kernel: entry.S pdc.c pdc_cons.c setup.c traps.c
arch/parisc/real: real1.c real2.S
arch/parisc64/real: head.S hpmc_s.S
Basic PDC printing, and other PDC calls, now work in a 64-bit kernel --
haven't tested PAT PDC yet. Kernel still dies pretty quick after the
first few messages. Several things are ugly -- I'm still working
* Save more debug information before the infinite loop which comprises
most of the 64-bit IVA. See unimplemented_64bitirq in entry.S for info.
* An ugly hunk of code messing with 64-bit function pointers
in pdc.c:pdc_init() will go away.
* added iodc_call() to replace real_call(PAGE0->mem_cons.iodc_io, ...
On 64-bit, iodc_call() constructs a 32-bit call stack and makes the
actual iodc firmware call in 32-bit mode.
* IODC console input is not available with the current interface -- it'll
get rearranged soon.
* added appropriate #ifdef __LP64__ around the PA1.1 IVA code which can't
be used, by definition, in wide mode.
* made RFI() subroutines rfi_real2virt() and rfi_virt2real() to save space,
improve maintainability, and perhaps in the future be used by the several
other places we use the very magic RFI code sequence. Eventually these
probably belong in head.S